This ad is expired.
Associate Director, Government Finance Research Center
The Associate Director -Government Finance Research Center (GFRC) position is responsible for designing, conducting and managing research in the Government Finance Research Center's (GFRC) priority areas; initiating and supervising new scholarly & research projects; strategic planning and development of new research programs.
- Act on behalf of the Director, GFRC, as directed, to implement strategic priorities in an efficient and effective manner.
- Lead GRFC research agenda
- Develop intellectual agenda for GFRC research program.
- Design, conduct, and coordinate research on GRFC initiatives "core priority areas," etc.
- Coordinate Faculty Advisor Panel in the design of research activities.
- Analyze findings, write research reports, and present research findings to public audiences, policymakers, scholarly audiences and funders.
- Pursue external funding for GFRC research including developing relationships with funders, writing grants and coordinating applications with grants and contracts staff people.
- Develop & promote relationships with peer research organizations in mutually beneficial ways.
- Support all GFRC research agendas
- Meet with faculty to provide scholarly support for research.
- Coordinate dissemination of GFRC & faculty advisory panel research in ways that impact local, state, and national policy.
- Meet with external constituencies to promote and advance Center priorities.
A minimum of a Master's degree required; ABD (pre-doctoral) in Public Administration, Public Affairs, Urban Planning, Economics, Political Science with a focus on government finance and budgeting; PhD preferred.
Relevant experience in research-based organizations required; Preferably in either university, foundation, or nonprofit or civic organization.
Experience in research on government finance and budgeting, or related field.
Strong writing and communication skills; ability to supervise staff; plan and manage budgets.
Preference for demonstrated communications skills, such as publications; demonstrated experience in staff management and budget preparation.
Demonstrated ability in social and/or behavioral sciences research
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=167729&job=associate-director-government-finance-research-center-gfrc and upload a cover letter, CV and the names and contact information for three references by June 24, 2022.
The University of Illinois Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.
Offers of employment by the University of Illinois may be subject to approval by the University's Board of Trustees and are made contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of any criminal background checks and other pre-employment assessments that may be required for the position being offered.
Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Additional information regarding such pre-employment checks and assessments may be provided as applicable during the hiring process. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment.
For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
University of Illinois faculty, staff, and students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable University processes.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency